Easy Maple Glazed Beignets
June 21, 2016 | Recipes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Fry time: 1-3 minutes
• 16 Mrs.Thinster’s Maple Syrup waffle crisps, halved
• 1 can jumbo biscuits, cut into 4 pieces each ( 32 pieces total)
• 1/4 cup fully cooked bacon bits
• vegetable oil as needed for frying
• 1 1/2 cups confectionery sugar
• 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon milk
1. Take the 32 pieces of biscuit and in the center of each place one half of the waffle crisp and a sprinkle of bacon bits. Roll into a ball to seal dough. Note* as you roll the waffle crisp will crush, you want this to happen to make an even ball shape.
2. In sauce pan pour enough vegetable oil for about 2 inches for frying.
3. Heat on low until hot. Make sure the oil does not over heat.
4. Drop each ball in and fry on each side until golden brown.
5. Remove with a slatted spoon and place on paper towel covered plate to drain excess oil. Continue until all beignets are cooked.
1. In bowl combine syrup and milk. Slowly whisk confectionery sugar until smooth glaze forms. Note* if glaze is too thick slowly add more milk.
2. Dip each beignet into glaze and top with a sprinkle of waffle crisp and bacon bits.