Mrs. Thinster’s Chicken ‘n’ Waffles
Makes 8 chicken tender pieces
Prep time: 5 mins
Fry time: 4-6 mins
• 1 bag Mrs.Thinster’s original waffle crisps, finely crushed
• 8 raw chicken tenders
• 1 cup flour
• 1 egg
• 1 cup buttermilk (optional)
• pinch of salt
• pinch of pepper
• 2 cups vegetable oil (may substitute favorite oil instead)
• pure maple syrup for dipping
1. Soak tenders in buttermilk for 6-8hrs in refrigerator. (Optional) If skipping this step go to step two.
2. Combine salt, pepper, and flour.
3. In separate shallow dishes place flour mixture, egg, and crushed waffle crisps.
4. Bring oil up to medium heat in a skillet.(350 degrees F)
5. Take one tender and coat with flour then egg. Lastly, dip in crushed waffles evenly.
6. Place in skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side. Cook until golden, crisp, and cooked through(165 degrees internal temperature) Repeat process for all tenders.
Drizzle maple syrup or dip tenders.