Mrs Thinsters Piña Coco Memelos
Makes 12 large pops
Prep time: 10 minutes
• 1 bag Mrs.Thinster’s coconut cookie thins finely crushed
• 2 cups shredded coconut
• 12 ounces condensed milk
• 1/4 cup finely crushed and drained pineapple
• 3 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup light corn syrup
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon orange food coloring (optional)
• lollipop sticks
• cooking spray
• aluminum foil
1. In medium saucepan heat condensed milk to a boil. Stir in coconut until thick paste forms. Make sure mixture doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
2. Let cool slightly and add coconut cookie thins and crushed pineapple. Set aside and let cool completely.
3. Roll mixture into 12 balls and insert one lollipop stick. Set aside on greased aluminum covered cookie sheet.
4. In microwave safe bowl combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and food coloring(optional).
5. In intervals of 4 mins bring mixture to a rapid boil until it reaches 265 F with a candy thermometer. ( please use extreme caution dealing with high temperature liquid mixture)
6. Dip each pop into hot candy shell mixture making sure to coat completely.
7. Place on cookie sheet and let cool to hard crack finish.