Sweet Potato Egg Boats
Makes one whole potato
Prep time: 6 minutes
Bake time: 12-15 minutes
• 1/2 cup Mrs.Thinster’s waffle crisps, original; crushed
• 1 medium sweet potato, cooked until softened
• 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons crumbled crispy pancetta or bacon, cooked
• 1/2 tablespoon diced tomato
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 medium sized eggs
Parsley and mixed spring lettuce for garnish
1. Cut potato in half. Hollow out insides and place in bowl. Make sure to not break through skin of potato.
2. In bowl mix together potato, waffle crisps, cheese, pancetta, tomato, salt, and pepper.
3. Return mixture back to inside of hollowed out potato halves. Make sure to mash the filling down to leave room for the egg.
4. Place potato halves on a baking sheet. Carefully crack one egg in each.
5. Bake in 400 degree F preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until egg sets to liking.
*Optional Garnish with parsley and serve over a bed of lettuce if desired.