Waffle Crust Key Lime Cheesecake
Makes 9 inch cheesecake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 35-40 minutes
• 3/4 cup of milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup bisquick mix
• 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened and cubed
• 1 bag Mrs.Thinster’s original waffle crisps, finely crushed in blender
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Key Lime Jelly
• 3 sheets of gelatin
• Juice of 5 limes
• 1/4 cup of water
• 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
• 1/2 cup fine sugar
• 1 drop of green food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In bowl combine waffle crisps and melted butter.
3. In greased cheesecake/pie tin press crust firmly to bottom. Set aside.
For the lime jelly
1. Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 5 minutes.
5. Put the lime juice, 1/4 cup of water, and the sugar into a saucepan and slowly bring to a mild boil, to dissolve the sugar.
6. Remove from the heat.Squeeze the excess water from the gelatine sheets and add them to the pan. Stir to dissolve.
7. Stir in the lime zest and coloring. Let cool for 30 minutes
For the cheesecake filling
1. Combine milk, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and bisquick in blender. Blend until smooth. Add cream cheese until blended evenly.
2. Pour cheese mixture over crust.
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean from middle of cheesecake. Let cool slightly.
4. Pour key lime jelly over the top of cheesecake.